Heading into the summer, I’m trying to get all organized up in this joint. There are always tweeks and changes to make around the house, and today I got around to putting them all in one place rather than scribbled on the back of receipts in the pockets of every jacket I own. Or on one of the 3 dozen “To Do” lists I’ve started. I make no promises as to when and how these upgrades and agenda items will get accomplished, but I will try to get to all of them!
FRONT HALL/ FAMILY ROOM
- change fabric on chair in foyer
- add some color to burlap-ish curtains
- repaint the island to bide time until we can REPLACE IT!
- carpets cleaned
- refinish/ paint kitchen table… it’s a disaster from paint projects, etc.
- fix screen door
- loosen up tracks on sliding doors to make them easier to open/ close
- install a cork wall somewhere?
- swap out coffee table… DIY?
- one day in the distant future: install a gas fireplace. (The current fireplace is too small to line and therefore unusable.)
- window treatments
- replace ship paintings with artwork that suits our style better
- repaint with a color that coordinates with rug better
- window treatments
- paint/ wallpaper wall going up stairs
- rearrange artwork
- paint more stripes
- Craigslist some old toys
- swap out oversized nursing chair for different seating
- replace broken toilet
- replace insert shower with tiles and glass doors
- repaint small shelves on either side of changing table
- new artwork above bed
- new (larger) repurposed dresser for my clothes
- add detail to folding closet doors
- incorporate color into curtains?
ELEANOR’S ROOM/ PLAYROOM
- bring repurposed dresser upstairs
- bring doll house upstairs
- swap beds with one in storage
- hang more artwork in stairwell
- bedside table?
- bring up more seating to replace min-loveseat
MARTHA’S ROOM/ GUEST ROOM
- make collection artwork more cohesive
- new curtains
- add trim to mirror
- curtains to cover exposed closet
- plant trees along back fence line
- plant a flowering tree in front
- repair decrepit box drain and re-seed
- add edging plants to front bed to give it some interest
BIG PLANS! I.E. non-DIY, bring in the big guns stuff
- extra bedroom/ bathroom over garage
- move laundry upstairs
- reconfigure foyer to allow for mudroom storage
- new master suite over family room
- upgrade kitchen (FINALLY!!)
- move bathroom from dining room to my reclaimed office space
- give our current master bathroom a facelift with new tiles, new shower, double sink
Don't miss a post! Sign up for email or RSS updates!