As much as I like a clean house, I like watching the kids have fun making a mess more. (Usually.) What better time of year to revisit some of my messiest activities than summer! For this week’s #WednesdayPlayday, grab your smock, uncap your stain stick, and recharge the dust buster… it’s gonna get messy. (I linked to 2 products that are affiliate links, but they rock. And I own them myself..)
1. Cloud Dough only requires two ingredients (corn starch and shaving cream…) but will entertain your kids for ages. Also? It’s easier to clean up than it looks.
2. Squirt Paint is a new twist on homemade sidewalk chalk… what child doesn’t enjoy making a mess all over your patio?!
3. Marble Painting is not only fun, but will also help burn some preschool energy… a handful of marbles and a few drops of paint is all this activity takes. And maybe some dance music.
4. Exploding Bags are almost as fun for the adults as they will be for the kids. Just goes to show if you’re clever with your baking soda and vinegar, the reaction will be explosive for everyone.
5. Funnel Painting might be the messiest activity on here. Fair warning. I plan to try it as soon as the sun comes out again… get the washing machine prepped!
6. Tie Dye. An oldie but goodie… looking back at these pictures, I forgot how young Eleanor was. Proof that with the right setup, even a preschooler can enjoy the wonder that is tie dye!
7. Popping Containers took a little prep as no one carries these old film canisters anymore. I ordered (affiliate link) these on Amazon and the rest is popping history. This will be even better when we can set it up outside and really let the chemistry fly.
Check out other #WednesdayPlayday activities HERE (scroll down). What are your favorite MESSY activities to do with your kids?!
Don't miss a post! Sign up for email or RSS updates!